The Shape We Are In
Just a few things I came across today as I read:
- Our schools are dysfunctional
- We are encumbered by burdensome debt and deficits
- Our infrastructure is decaying
- Superior employment skills are in short supply
- Health care costs are debilitating
- Outsourcing, off-shoring, and automation have crippled the working class
- Median house hold income is plummeting
- Jobs are drying up
- Political leaders are hampered by infighting
- Government overall is demoralized
- Innovation is nearly non-existent
- Regulation are strangling growth
- Campaign Finance regulations are a joke
- There are 16,843 pages to Federal Tax Code
So does this depress you? Are you left wanting a stiff drink? Or are you thinking more in terms of Divine intervention? Does it appear hopeless? Is there no sense in trying to do anything, because the issues are simply too overwhelming? Are we near the end of times? Or certainly the times as we’ve always known it?
Here’s what I think.
I THINK WE ARE ON THE VERGE OF SOMETHING GREAT!
Oh yeah…I know that puts me right square in the middle of either being a complete idiot or an insanely optimistic individual, who would have been reassuring fellow Titanic passengers help was on the way, even as she tilted forward and began her long decent to the bottom.
Let me explain. I believe these are the exact types of problems that have given rise of to courageous men and woman throughout history. Who, upon carefully understanding the issues of their day, began to seek innovative concepts, ideas, and theories to resolve them.
They did not sit idly by and watch people, institutions, companies, and a way of life disappear. They got busy, with an unquenchable desire, seeking, trying, experimenting, and doing whatever it took to change their world.
In later posts I’ll be describing some individuals and companies who are giving their best to resolve at least some of these problems.
I don’t have the answers to any of the issues listed above, but I’m willing to help in any way I can. I bet you are too. Look around, see what you can do. If you are blogger keep writing, if you volunteer keep volunteering. Whatever it is that brings about positive change keep doing it. Somewhere there is answer to all of the above problems. I think we will find them.