Just a Few Thoughts
I have owned a micro business of one and been employed as part of a management team by a Global 100 manufacturing firm. Along the way I have always benefited from mentors. Men and women, who having in-depth knowledge and wisdom, were able to assist me in creating innovation and growth. The following are a few of those principles in random order:
- You’ve got to do it. No one else will do it for you and you can’t pretend it happened.
- Have some fun. If you are not having, it quickly becomes drudgery. But this isn’t to say it’s all yucks and shucks. Keep it balanced.
- Don’t get discouraged. No doubt you have noticed I end everything with…be encouraged! I mean it. Discouragement eats at you like a hungry rat.
- Success doesn’t happen overnight. We hear about it all the time, but it is the media. For every one who strikes gold the first time they dip their pan in the creek, there are 1,674,231,098,033,000,649 who don’t.
- Don’t get caught up in doing it perfect. One of my early associates was fond of saying Mistakes + Perseverance = Success.
- Don’t be afraid of mistakes and failures. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone fails at something, just try not to make a habit of it.
- Good kills great. Keep reaching, searching and refining…there is always room for improvement.
This certainly isn’t everything, nor is it very deep, but I didn’t want it to be. I hope you enjoy the simple and use it to grow.