Lightning Strikes Again
Once again, a person has apparently had way too much wine with dinner and decided to give me an award. I will tell you I am honored, no matter what state of sobriety Craft Crazy Gran at http://craftcrazygran.wordpress.com might have been it when she composed her post. Thanks Gran. 🙂
Like the other awards I get the opportunity to open my life and spill all kinds of exciting secrets, so here goes:
- I believe I can sing, even in the face of significant evidence to the contrary.
- There was a time when I wore my hair at waist length.
- I hope someday to be the person Jake the Wonder Dog thinks I am.
- As a teenager I use to chase tornadoes in a pink ’62 Thunderbird.
- Every once in a while I will listen to Whipping Post, off the Live at The Fillmore East album by the Allman Brothers or Spanish Moon, off the Waiting for Columbus album by Little Feat, at ear-splitting volume.
- I turned down an opportunity to be one of the first investors in the Smurfs, because I thought the whole concept was stupid…actually still do, but it would have been a stupid idea that made me a multi-millionaire.
- I inhaled (more than once).
Now for part I enjoy the most, I get to nominate other bloggers:
Tim at http://sellleadsucceed.com was one of the first bloggers to reblog one of my posts…so while I doubt his ability to perceive good writing , his blog contains excellent content for those of you occupying the business world.
While I admit to not knowing much about poetry, I know what I like and the woman who writes at http://tornadoday.wordpress.com produces some very thought-provoking pieces.
Terry writes straight from the heart at http://terry1954.wordpress.com.
This girl can write some absolutely hilarious funny stuff (but quite “blue” at times, so be prepared). Also don’t be drinking anything while reading her blog, it sets up the ideal situation for the liquid to come gushing out your nostrils, don’t ask, just trust me. Check out her posts at http://paltrymeanderings.com.
April does a fine job of writing about what it is like to be a Christian wife at http://peacefulwife.com. Guys you should read her blog, because it will give you deeper insight into your wife.
Jim at http://jimcantwell1.wordpress.com wrote a post about his wife’s graduation from nursing school that I read with tears rolling my cheeks. Not only is he a good writer, but also a good man.
First of all, the title of Noleen’s blog is what caught my attention, but her gritty, honest, and compelling writing is what made me a follower. This woman is the real thing, please look at http://wordsfallfrommyeyes.wordpress.com.
As I said the last time, if there is anything in my posts you have found beneficial, encouraging, and/or uplifting, then thank God. However, if I have ever given offense, please forgive me for the fault is entirely of my own making.
I have immensely enjoyed every minute writing this post, thank you again Gran at http://craftcrazygran.wordpress.com for thinking of me.
I wish all of you who follow my blog the absolute best.