You Will Never Believe What Happened
I have decided to write only when accepting awards. So If all of you bloggers will start creating new awards and nominating me, it will significantly reduce me having to create new thought provoking content for my blog. I have given some thought to the name of some new awards, here is an early list, but I’m refining all the time:
- Incredibly Beautiful Man Blog Award
- Handsome Man Beyond All Belief Blog Award
- The Greatest Human Being Alive Blog Award
- Greatest Unbelievable Air Head Blog Award
Jake the Wonder Dog suggested:
- Oh My God, You Can’t Even Be Thinking of My Dad Blog Award
Jake can be a little cruel at times.
Okay here is what happened. Karen Wan was having a real slow day.
We’ve all had them. The brain moves like frozen molasses. Nothing going on up there and cob webs are beginning to form around our hands as they rest on the keyboard. The chair creak sounds like a rifle shot, because the house is dead quiet. Grey clouds loll across a lead sky and we haven’t mustered up the energy to turn on any lights. Our face has the blue cast of the monitor light reflected in it, occasionally the eyes blink. They are the only sign we haven’t succumbed to eternal rest.
That was what was happening to Karen, except she had to do something. She needed one more name to nominate for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Yet nothing. Complete and utter void. Her thoughts were like the sound of change falling on an empty barroom floor. They echoed. The clock hands ticked one more time…finally…but still nothing. Could this be what suspended animation is like?
Then a slight blip on the radar screen…it was vague, but it was there. Another sweep of the radar arm…and still just a distant, vague, faint blip. Another and another and another, finally something taking shape…she could see it…it wasn’t much, but at least it was something, and at this stage she was desperate, with a capital D. A few more moments slipped away…she thought of that old soap opera…the one that displayed the hour glass…”Like sands through the hour glass, slip the days of Our Lives…how true she thought.
After what seemed like eternity she could begin to make out the answer to her long ago asked plea, “Please God, I just need one more blogger.”
Finally there it was…Stephen Edwards at LifeRevelation.
So thank you Karen Wan of http://writingyourdestiny.com. I humbly accept your nomination, no matter how laborious it was for you.
Time to do the spilling:
- I hate to drive and I’m really bad at it.
- I always wanted to be a lawyer. In fact, to kill time, in my earlier life, while waiting for my connection, I would go to the local law school library and read case briefs.
- I’m one of those vegetarians who gave up eating meat because he can’t think of an animal being killed (please keep comments to slow boil).
- In reality I am a true Type-A personality driven by unseen forces to change the world into a better place (I hear voices and they like me) (Susie says I have finally gone too far with this one).
- Jake the Wonder dog REALLY does talk (Jake says I have gone too far with this one).
Now for the blogs:
- Subhakar Das at http://ficfaq.com is a writer who will make you think about writing.
- Jennifer Rhoades at http://mylifeworthliving.com is just an awesome young lady. She has been serving our country in the military, has a young son named Logan, and is the type of young woman I wish my son would marry.
- Lynne at http://lynnecobb.com has the spark. She is quick, witty, and when she comments on anything I’ve written it is well thought out. Her blog is a great read.
- Marianne at http://marianne365days.wordpress.com is one of those blogs you might overlook. Her entries are usually very short, but they are impactful. I don’t believe she has ever written a post that didn’t cause me to stop and think.
- E at http://eof737.wordpress.com always has good word. His posts make me smile and I always enjoy reading them.
Well there you have it folks. I’ve accepted another award for which, at the very best, I can only be marginally worthy of.
None of you will ever know how truly grateful I am that you think of me when nominating these awards. It is such an honor to be recognized by my fellow bloggers. I’ve been thinking lately…which is always very frightening…wouldn’t it be great if we held a big bloggers convention and all the really great famous bloggers could speak and the rest of us could hang out and talk. Let me know what you think.