Cristi at http://cristimoise.wordpress.com was more than kind of enough to nominate me for this award. If you have a moment please drop by his blog. He posts some wonderful breath-taking photographs and occasionally posts some of the quotes that you’ve seen me reblog here. He and I have conversed, like we all do, via the comment section and he has deeply impressed me with his compassionate and sensitive Spirit. I think of him as a renaissance man and I wish I had his eye for finding the truly beautiful in this world.
1) If you could change something what would you change? Their is a part of me that wants to say my face (hahaha), but seriously if I could change anything, I would like to be more compassionate.
2) If you could repeat an age, what age would it be? At 15 I left home, I would like to relive that year over, with some major changes.
3) What one thing really scares you? Hands down…death. Now please, I am a Christian, and I know all the theological arguments for why I should not be afraid of death…but it makes no difference…I am.
4) What one dream have you not completed yet and do you think you will be able to complete it. Having enough money to implement my idea about having Compassionate Elders in the public school systems…I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it…mainly because I find the school systems far too political to want a bunch of loving people walking around hugging the children…but one never knows, and I’m too old and stubborn to give up.
5) If you could be someone else for the day, who would you be? Hmmm…this is a tough one…my first reaction would be to say Jesus Christ, because then all the questions I have would be answered. Then I think of Steve Jobs, so I would know what true innovative thinking would feel like…but I’m not too fond of his rougher, anal side. Then I think about being my Dad, because once again, that would clear up several questions I have. Of course, there is always Lance Armstrong, because then I would know the Truth about all the doping issues swirling around…and it would also be really, really cool to be able to ride a bike as fast as he does. And just recently I’ve been reading a lot of Paulo Coelho, it would be awesome to write like he does…or wait…how about Mozart, to compose music like him!…or Twyla Tharp, to create dance in an entirely new way…or Albert Einstein, so I could understand string theory…I’m not very good at this!
I am going to nominate some folks who have been with me from the beginning…their words are as pure as their hearts.
SPECIAL NOTE TO THOSE NOMINATED-If you do not “do” awards I understand…just know we all value what you write.
http://agrippinglife.wordpress.com (CAUTION-Lisa can make you laugh and cry all in the same post…ALWAYS bring tissues and don’t drink anything while you are reading.)
This has been fun…thank you again Cristi for nominating me.
I have long been fascinated with defeat and failure and the lessons to be learned from them…it certainly isn’t easy, but I’ve become convinced it is what molds us (if we allow it) into better, stronger individuals.